On top of that, the high-profile recount Trump forced in Georgia may not even be legal, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The rules governing a Georgia election audit call for reviewing only a random sample of ballots rather than every single one. “The audit would have concluded when all ballots were counted and the odds that the full tabulation was incorrect was less than 10%, according to State Election Board rules. But instead of pulling a smaller sample of ballots, Raffensperger plans to audit every ballot,” writes AJC.Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who has been under fire from his GOP colleagues for Trump’s failures in the state, has justified the full hand recount by insisting “the margin is just so close right now.”- Advertisement – Now, as the fate of the Senate rests on two Georgia runoffs, some GOP donors and lawmakers are realizing that loser Trump’s selfishly futile fundraising efforts are siphoning precious resources away from the battles that actually matter in Georgia, according to Politico. Senate Republicans have also made a joint fundraising page to collect money for Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue — but it didn’t attract the widespread social media attention of Trump’s efforts.Sorry, suckers. – Advertisement – – Advertisement – For the record, 14,000 votes may be close, but it’s not recount close. No way. Recounts almost never change election results, particularly when the margin is anywhere over several hundred votes. The Georgia runoff is Jan. 5. Request an absentee ballot by Nov. 18. Early in-person voting starts Dec. 14. And REGISTER TO VOTE here by Dec. 7.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
“The government will handle the proceeds of the funds to finance all businesses. This is to awaken business activities,” Susiwijono said during a media briefing.Companies looking to receive funds from bond sales were barred from employee layoffs, he said. “If they need to lay off employees, then they must keep at least 90 percent of their employees with the same salary amounts [as before the crisis].”Read also: Battered by virus: Businesses across Indonesia feel the pinchThe government’s plan comes as European Central Bank chief Christine Lagarde asks euro zone finance ministers to seriously consider a one-off joint debt issue of “coronabonds” to help fight the coronavirus pandemic, Reuters reported.The COVID-19-driven slowdown was likely to slash Indonesia’s growth to just above 4 percent this year, the lowest in 15 years, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati said as the government prepares for the worst-case scenario of zero growth. From empty malls to factory disruptions, micro and small businesses have suffered the most.The government would reallocate Rp 62.3 trillion (US$3.9 billion) of state spending from the 2020 budget to tackle COVID-19 in Indonesia, on top of the Rp 120 trillion allocated to stimulate the economy.BI has also spent Rp 168.2 trillion so far this year, buying government bonds in the secondary market to stabilize the rupiah as foreign investors dump Rp 125.2 trillion worth of government bonds. The rupiah, now at around Rp 16,277 per US dollar, is the worst-performing currency in Asia.“The central bank will continue to intervene through the spot market, domestic non-deliverable forwards and bonds if needed,” Perry pledged as the rupiah weakened almost 20 percent since January.As of Wednesday, Indonesia had 790 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 58 deaths. Globally, the pneumonia-like illness has infected over 471,000 people and has claimed at least 21,000 lives.President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has revealed that government officials and legislators are in talks to raise Indonesia’s budget deficit cap, which would allow the state to borrow more money to fund emergency response measures to the pandemic. The budget deficit cap could be raised to 5 percent from the current 3 percent ceiling.Topics : Indonesia is planning to offer government debt papers to the market, the proceeds of which would be used to fund programs that rescue businesses suffering from COVID-19 and prevent layoffs.Secretary to the coordinating economic affairs minister, Susiwijono Moegiarso, said Thursday the government would issue a government regulation in lieu of law (Perppu) on Friday to facilitate the plan.The so-called “recovery bond” can be bought by Bank Indonesia (BI), as well as exporters and importers, Susiwijoyo said, adding the Perppu would enable the central bank to buy government bonds not only in the secondary market. The existing law on BI prohibits the central bank from buying government bonds except in the secondary market.
Press Release, PSA, Transportation Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has launched a web page, www.511pa.com/LLWS, to provide real-time travel and alternate-route information to assist motorists traveling to the Little League World Series in Williamsport.The new page, hosted through the department’s www.511PA.com traveler information website, is dedicated to monitoring traffic conditions on the primary travel routes to the event. Travel times and alerts are provided for: Route 15 south to Route 220 to Market Street; Route 15 north; Interstate 80 east to Route 220 north to Market Street; and I-80 west to Route 15 north.“We’re always looking for opportunities to put our traffic information tools into action for the public,” PennDOT Secretary Leslie S. Richards said. “Providing this real-time information empowers travelers to attend this exciting event using the route that best works for them.”The page includes the average travel time for the primary route as well as one or two alternate routes. Users can see incidents, construction, weather forecasts and alerts, traffic cameras, and traffic speeds on the map. Maps showing traffic trends on each day of the event in the previous three years are also available.In addition to Little League World Series information, motorists can use www.511PA.com to check conditions on nearly 40,000 roadway miles in Pennsylvania. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 825 traffic cameras.511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website. 511PA Website Feature to Assist Travelers to Little League World Series August 14, 2017 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
A Swiss pension fund is seeking ideas for a factor-driven global developed market equities strategy and has set out its thinking on IPE Quest’s pre-request for proposal platform.According to IPE Quest Discovery search DS-2523, the pension fund is contemplating allocating between CHF200-400m (€179-358m).The strategy should remove downside risk from the global equity allocation.“The desired strategy will show an asymmetric return pattern versus the market average with high relative returns in bear markets, market equivalent or similar in moderately positive returning markets and low relative returns in strongly positive returning markets,” said the pension fund. It is open to a pooled mandate or segregated account. All stated returns should be gross of fees.Interested parties should have a track record of at least five years and submit ideas by 15 April, at 5pm UK time.Brunel Pension Partnership, one of the eight asset pools created by UK local government pension schemes, recently awarded a £400m (€467m) low-volatility global equity mandate.The IPE news team is unable to answer any further questions about IPE Quest, Discovery, or Innovation tender notices to protect the interests of clients conducting the search. To obtain information directly from IPE Quest, please contact Jayna Vishram on +44 (0) 20 3465 9330 or email email@example.com.
Vattenfall is seeking crew transfer vessels (CTVs) to assist during the construction and operations and maintenance (O&M) phase on the 406MW Horns Rev 3 offshore wind farm project in the Danish North Sea.The vessels are to provide transport services to technicians and smaller cargo between the harbour of Esbjerg, optionally port of Hvide Sande, and the offshore wind farm.For the construction phase, Vattenfall will enter into contract with one party providing two CTVs, starting 1 March and 1 June 2018, respectively, and ending 31 January 2019. The charters of each of the vessels can be extended by up to around six months.For the O&M phase, Vattenfall is seeking a single provider of CTVs for a period of three years. The contracts are expected to start on 1 August 2018 and end on 31 July 2021. Each charter can be extended for a period of up to three years.Horns Rev 3 offshore wind farm is to be located off the Danish west coast, on the Horns Rev (Horns Reef) in a shallow area in the North Sea, approximately 25 kilometres northwest of the westernmost point of Denmark, Blåvands Huk.The sailing distance from the Esbjerg harbour to the site is approximately 35 nautical miles.The tender will remain open until 23 September 2017.Horns Rev 3 will comprise 49 MHI Vestas 8MW turbines, optimised at 8.3MW.
Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year8 Most Expensive Mistakes In HistoryBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits Earth7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo Jesus Vallejo will return to Real Madrid this month with Wolves due to cut short his loan.Advertisement Vallejo has not featured since October and Nuno admitted it is time both parties cut their losses.He said: “Jesus is probably going because he wants to play, he is a young and talented player we brought with high expectations but it didn’t work out.“It’s time for him to find a club he can play at and keep progressing, the talent is there.“You have to understand when things don’t work out you have to look at yourself as a staff, how can you make things work for the best?“Sometimes you don’t have time, you just don’t have time.“It’s you, the player, the club, all these things. It’s reality, he had moments he played, moments he performed well and some not so well. That’s the case of Vallejo, clearly it didn’t work out.”It means Wolves, who host Manchester United in the FA Cup third round on Saturday, will be in the market for a defender this month.Nuno added: “There are several ways for you to improve – you have to find new solutions, that’s what we’re trying to do, and sometimes just to try things that can give you different characteristics to the team.“This is what we’re going to do – bring players that can give us different things to the team that will allow us to keep on growing and improving.”Wolves knocked United out of the Cup in the quarter-finals at Molineux last season before losing to Watford in the last four at Wembley.Wolves confirm Jesus Vallejo’s return to Real Madrid https://t.co/0wFrhmkZ3o #wolves— Sports Mole Wolves (@SMWolves) January 3, 2020Read Also: Enobakhare returns to Wolves from unsuccessful Wigan loanNuno added: “It’s new game, new things will happen and we know it’s going to be tough. They are a fantastic team.“We start a new one tomorrow, it’s a competition we want to compete in and play.“We always want more but we’re starting tomorrow against a very difficult opponent.”Diogo Jota is out with a thigh problem and Willy Boly (ankle), Morgan Gibbs-White (back) and Bruno Jordao (ankle) are sidelined.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The defender has played just seven times this season and boss Nuno Espirito Santo has confirmed he will leave Molineux. Loading…
On April 2 of this year, Russell “Deke” Freeland passed away in Napierville, Illinois, at the age of 85. He was the star guard and leading scorer for future Hall of Fame Coach, Bud Bateman, at Lawrenceburg High School in the late 40’s. His team made 4 consecutive Sweet 16 appearances.In 1988 Freeland was inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. After Lawrenceburg High School, Freeland went on to star in basketball for 4 years at DePauw University where he would lead them in scoring in 1949-50. He was the first African American student athlete to also play football at DePauw, and just for good measure, he earned 3 varsity letters in baseball as an infielder.According to an article in the Lawrenceburg Register, Freeland went on to a great career with International Harvester, and when he retired he was a corporate director of technical administration for Navistar International Transportation in Chicago.
The Caretaker Committee of the Anambra State Football Association says it is working hard to deliver on conducting elections into the FA board within three months, six weeks after inauguration.Victor Nwangwu, Vice-Chairman of the caretaker committee, told the News Agency Nigeria in Awka on Sunday that the election timetable was not ready. He said apart from working on the election programme, the committee was also raising awareness across the state to make the exercise more participatory.Nwangwu added that the committee had been greeted with a rousing welcome wherever its members visited.He said: “No election timetable for now.“We will get that done by next week.“We have agreed that we will open up the space for more people to join in the process. “The important thing is that we are on course.“It’s not easy to make changes in a structure that does not encourage mass participation.“So, we are working hard to get more people involved.“So far, we have met with the state Governor, Willie Obiano, the State House of Assembly, club owners and we have toured 19 out of the 21 local government areas of the state.“This is because we want to make the game strong at the grass roots.” Nwangwu added that his committee was satisfied with the response it has got so far.“I will say that we are happy with the kind of response we are getting. People are satisfied with the restart we are making with our football,” he said.Nwangwu added that the caretaker committee had no option than to work with the existing electoral committee, which has a lifespan of four years in line with the FA statutes.He expressed confidence that the election would hold during the remaining days of the Emeka Okeke-led caretaker committee.RelatedPosts PDP gubernatorial aspirant commends FG over fuel subsidy removal Gynaecologist speaks on ‘menstruating’ during pregnancy DPR seals four filling stations for irregular operating licence in Anambra NAN reports that the committee was inaugurated on August 3 following the expiration of the tenure of the Ifeanyi Ubah-led FA board on August 2.Nwangwu added: “We are condemned to working with the electoral committee.“It is supposed to be in office for four years.“That is the standard.”So, it is not a matter of sacking it.“What is important is finding a common ground.“It is very possible for us to conduct election within the remaining two months of our committee.“It has been done before.“We are experienced enough to know we have to conduct elections, but the election has to be above board.“We want to ensure that there is inclusiveness against a situation where we had just one candidate each for the positions of chairman and vice chairman due to low participation as a result of general apathy.”Tags: Anambra StateAnambra State Football AssociationelectionsTimetable
Wenger was asked why he did not take Sanchez off in Tuesday night’s 3-0 victory over Dinamo Zagreb in which he scored two goals to keep the Gunners’ Champions League hopes alive. Having somewhat cryptically replied that Sanchez gets tired if rested, Wenger admitted ahead of Sunday’s trip to Norwich that the 26-year-old is constantly surprising him with his eagerness to commit to the cause. “When he does something he does it 100 per cent,” said Wenger. “So he finishes and you think, ‘He’s dead now.’ But then he recovers and gives 100 per cent again, so you always see signs of exhaustion, but it’s not because two days later he’s fine.” Wenger went on to compare his £30million man to a hunting lion, likening his work-rate to that of Leicester’s in-form Jamie Vardy. “His style is very explosive and a very committed style,” he said. “Vardy is a bit similar. They go when they go. They are like the lion, he has to catch the animal in the first 200 metres. If he doesn’t get there, after he’s dead. They are these kind of killers. When they go, it is to kill and after they have to stop.” Sanchez is likely to stay in the side for the game at Carrow Road, despite giving Wenger a scare with a hamstring issue after the Dinamo game. The Chile international has been a key man in Wenger’s squad since he was signed from Barcelona in 2014 and has nine goals to his name already this season. Sanchez has been a major player for club and country of late and, having starred in his national side’s Copa America success over the summer, has now been playing regularly for a number of months. Arsene Wenger has praised the staying power of Alexis Sanchez and likened the Arsenal forward to a hungry lion. “I will have to assess that a bit later,” he said when asked about resting the player against Norwich. “It might not be the best moment to rest Alexis, but I don’t know. He had a little hamstring alarm, but we will see how he recovers from that. “I take information, especially from medical people who know him and treat him everyday, and after that we will look at his overall recovery as well.” For a man clocking up so many minutes for club and country, on top of the air miles racked up to compete in Chile’s World Cup qualifiers, Sanchez is rarely injured – something Wenger puts down to the player’s own mind. He added: “No, he’s not been injured. We come back to that problem and the more you are injured, the more there is a chance to be injured again. “That’s where we come back to top-level sportsmen. That kind of mixture of flexibility, sense of how far can you go with the pushing, that sensitivity to how much and as well when you have to ease off on your bodyweight. That’s linked with co-ordination and they get less injured. “His resistance is remarkable. What is also remarkable is that he goes to South America, he comes back Thursday night and on Saturday he can play without a problem, even if he’s jet-lagged. He would have been a perfect tennis player. “These are not players who have the traditional academic education that we give now to the players at 15 or 16. They have a physio every day. They are more street players, not pampered.” Press Association