Länsförsäkringar Liv is not the only company struggling with guaranteed products.Its rival Handelsbanken Liv had to top up its guaranteed products with SEK16m (€1.8m), as performance failed to cover the guarantees agreed over the third quarter.The guarantees are between 3% and 5%, and, as long as interest rates remain low, the situation will remain.Handelsbanken has worked to move customers out of guaranteed products for some time now.It has SEK11bn in these types of products, SEK57bn in fund products and SEK16bn in other types of insurance products.AMF, another life and pension provider, returned 5.9% over the first three quarters, while its solvency ratio increased to 221%, up from 183% last year, putting it in a better position than many of its competitors when dealing with guarantees.Alecta, meanwhile, returned 6.6%, with a solvency ratio of 174%, compared with 134% at the same time last year.Alecta’s main pension product, Alecta Optimal Pension, returned 12% over the period.Elsewhere, the life and pensions business of SEB, the Swedish banking group, saw premiums increase by 14% to SEK23bn, with its unit-linked business assets under management at an all-time-high at SEK148bn as a result of new clients and rising stock markets.At the same time, SEB Trygg Liv Gamla, its traditional guaranteed product, returned 6.6%. The solvency ratio increased to 192% from 166%.Bucking the trend of reduced guarantees, SEB Trygg Liv Gamla increased guarantees to 7% before taxes and fees from 1 October.At the same time, life and pension business of Nordea, the Nordic banking group, saw a rise in premiums of 23%.Similarly, Swedbank Försäkring, the life and pension insurance business of the banking group, saw premium income increase by 8%, with assets under management increasing by 11% to SEK113.8bn.Its average return for fund customers was 9.6%.Lastly, PP Pension, the pension fund for the press and media, reported returns of 4.4% for the three quarters to the end of September. Länsförsäkringar Liv, the Swedish life and pension insurer, has set out to boost its solvency levels by asking its customers to agree to new contracts without guarantees. So far, only 10,000 of its 200,000 customers have agreed.Instead of guarantees, Länsförsäkringar is also now offering lower fees, a move that has increased its solvency ratio by 1.2 percentage points to 118%.During the first three quarters of the year, guaranteed product performance was down by 3.9%, while its new product with lower guarantees returned 0.8%.
Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better5 Reasons Why The Black Widow Solo Movie Will Be AwesomeTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Insane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayTop 8 Most Fun Sylvester Stallone Movies Loading… McLaren pulled out of the season-opening Australian Grand Prix Thursday after a team member tested positive for coronavirus, throwing the race into chaos. World champion Lewis Hamilton said he was concerned about the potential spread of coronavirus at the Australian Grand Prix The employee was among at least five Formula One personnel – four from Haas – who went into isolation this week after showing flu-like symptoms typical of the virus. “The team member was tested and self-isolated as soon as they started to show symptoms and will now be treated by local healthcare authorities,” McLaren said in a statement, adding that he would be quarantined. “The decision (to withdraw) has been taken based on a duty of care not only to McLaren F1 employees and partners, but also to the team’s competitors, Formula 1 fans and wider F1 stakeholders.” Results of the tests for the Haas staff have yet to be revealed. McLaren’s decision to pull out casts doubt over whether the race will be run without a full complement of teams, and whether others will follow suit. World champion Lewis Hamilton earlier Thursday said he was “very surprised” that it was going ahead as fears mount about the spread of the disease. “I am really very, very surprised that we’re here. I don’t think it’s great that we have races but it really is shocking that we’re all sitting in this room,” he said at an official pre-race press conference packed with media. Read Also: Coronavirus: F1 continuing is shocking – HamiltonThe Australian Grand Prix Corporation said it was working closely with health authorities to take additional precautions at Albert Park, including having hand sanitisers at public areas and corporate facilities.Cleaning and disinfection programmes have been increased and protocols implemented to respond to any suspected COVID-19 cases.Over the weekend, the FIA said it was establishing a “crisis cell” to meet every two days to monitor the global threat posed by the virus.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Renault’s French driver Esteban Ocon was taking no chances as he arrived at Melbourne Park“We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it,” he said.Australia has reported 150 cases of coronavirus so far, including among fans who attended the women’s T20 Cricket World Cup final and a Super Rugby match, both in Melbourne last week.European countries that are home to many of the F1 teams and journalists at the grand prix have had far more cases.Despite concerns, fans flocked to Albert Park on Thursday for a Supercars qualifying session.“I’m not worried, I’m washing my hands and that’s the best thing to do,” said spectator Robert Clarke as he used a hand-sanitiser station.– Masked driver –The first F1 practice sessions are due to start on Friday.In an attempt to limit interaction between drivers and fans, autograph sessions have been replaced by question and answer interviews, with selfies banned.Haas F1 team principal Guenther Steiner (left) talks with team members at Albert Park. Four members of Haas staff are in isolation over coronavirus fearsMedia events have also been hit with Renault’s Ricciardo and Esteban Ocon “excused” from a press conference Wednesday, and an exclusion zone was enforced around Max Verstappen and Alex Albon at a Red Bull function.Ocon was spotted wearing a mask in the paddock on Thursday, while teams scrapped all-in TV interviews, where media are tightly packed around the drivers, for the duration of the weekend.The coronavirus has already hurt the sport with April’s Chinese Grand Prix postponed, while the second race of the year in Bahrain will be held without spectators. “It seems that the rest of the world is already reacting a little bit late, but you have seen this morning with (President Donald) Trump shutting down the border to Europe to the States, the NBA suspended, yet Formula One continues to go on. “It’s a concern I think for the people here. It’s quite a big circus that’s come here, it’s definitely concerning for me.” The Mercedes star, who is gunning to match Michael Schumacher’s record seven world crowns this season, sat alongside Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel and Renault’s Daniel Ricciardo in the media session, but a large open space separated them from the press. Asked why he felt the race was still on, Hamilton replied: “Cash is king.” Four-time world champion Vettel said it was difficult to judge what to do as the virus continues its spread. “Obviously we have to trust the FIA (International Automobile Federation) to take precautions as much as they can, but I think the answer that nobody can give you at the moment is how much you can control what is going on,” he said. “As a matter of fact, we are here so you just try to take care as much as you can.” – T20 cricket final – Haas team principal Guenther Steiner said they had not yet discussed what to do if any of their employees tested positive.