Myla Pablo earns PVL MVP

first_imgMarcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Pocari’s defensive anchors Jeanette Panaga and Melissa Gohing took the league’s 1st Best Middle Blocker and Best Libero awards.Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netPanaga led the league with 0.65 kill blocks a set while Gohing had the best digging rate of 5.15 per set.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Creamline’s Jia Morado was named as the conference’s Best Setter after averaging 13 excellent sets per period.Bali Pure’s duo of Grethcel Soltones and Risa Sato won the conference’s 2nd Best Outside Spiker and 2nd Best Middle Blocker while Philippine Air Force’s Iari Yongco was named as the Best Opposite Spiker. Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Ai-Ai delas Alas on Jiro Manio: ‘Sana pinahalagahan niya ang naitulong ko’ View comments 2 nabbed in Bicol drug stings LATEST STORIES Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMyla Pablo has once again reached the pinnacle of individual performances in the Premier Volleyball League after earning the Most Valuable Player plum of the Open Conference Saturday at Filoil Flying V Centre.Pocari Sweat’s marksman won her second MVP trophy and the 1st Best Outside Spiker after leading the Lady Warriors to a 5-2 record in the elimination round with a total of 143 points, the highest in the league.ADVERTISEMENT Teen gunned down in Masbatecenter_img Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Vilma Santos, Luis Manzano warn public of fake account posing as her Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Albay to send off disaster response team to Batangas Metta World Peace arrives in Manila, satisfies Filipino food cravinglast_img read more

Coroner Releases Causes Of Death For All 58 Victims Of Las Vegas

first_imgCopyright 2017 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/. Share Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty ImagesThe 58 fatalities in October’s mass shooting in Las Vegas were all caused by gunshot wounds, the county coroner and medical examiner said Thursday. A makeshift memorial on the south end of the Las Vegas Strip a few days after the shooting has photos of some of those who were killed.All 58 of the people killed in the mass shooting in Las Vegas on Oct. 1 died of gunshot wounds, the Clark County Office of the Coroner/Medical Examiner has determined.Nearly all of the fatalities were caused by a single gunshot wound, though six victims died from multiple wounds. Most had been shot in the head, chest or back. The deaths were all ruled homicides.In the chaos of the shooting, in which bullets rained down on a country music festival from a gunman on the 32nd floor of a nearby hotel, it wasn’t immediately clear whether any victims might have died from trampling as the crowds sought to escape the fusillade.The shooter, Stephen Paddock, died from a gunshot wound to the head that entered through the mouth. His cause of death was a suicide, the coroner’s office said.Coroner John Fudenberg told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that it has taken more than two months to release the information because his office wanted to be accurate and notify the victims’ families first.“Because of the impact that this incident had on our community, and the attention that this incident received, it became very important for us to ensure that all of the families had the information prior to us releasing it to the public,” Fudenberg told the newspaper.More than 500 people were injured during the shooting, and thousands of others who were there at the Route 91 Harvest Festival have been trying to cope in the months since the tragedy.One woman who was there, Melissa Barham, recently told NPR’s Weekend Edition that since the massacre, she’s been and sad depressed and wonders whether anything has really changed since the Sandy Hook shooting five years ago.“I wake up every morning and I journal,” Barham said. “I pick one of the victims and I write down their name and their age and where they’re from and then just details about them. And I just think about them.”“And this time of year, the holidays, make it really hard.”last_img read more