The home at 38 Hunter St, Wooloowin.IT was a case of the first home buyer beating the developer for a change when a house in Wooloowin sold under the hammer recently.The two-bedroom home on an elevated 728sq m block at 38 Hunter St had been in the same family for eight decades before selling to a young couple for $890,500.Amanda Butler, of Butler and Co Estate Agents, said the buyers planned to restore the 1936 house and make it their dream family home.“The seller was happy about that,” she said.“It was very emotional for the seller but the time was right to move on.”More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019The auction attracted five registered bidders — a mix of developers and first home buyers.Ms Butler said developers had been keen on buying subject to conditions, but the auction format suited the young first-time buyers the best.The home had been marketed as an opportunity to either renovate or develop, given its zoning and proximity to schools, public transport and local amenities.It comes with all the original features you would expect from a property of that era, including ornate ceilings and dark hardwood floorboards.The large back deck offers views across the suburb and the range.Ms Butler said Wooloowin was a high-demand market given its location, just 6km from the CBD.According to data from CoreLogic, Wooloowin has a median house price of $735,500 and a median unit price of $479,000.
RelatedPosts Saraki to Kwara Governor: Call those encroaching my land led by your SA to order FG hails Kwara Governor over social investment programme COVID-19 taught us to be closer to God – ex-NAN Director Kwara United Football Club are back in the Nigeria Professional Football League after playing just a match in the 2019/2020 Nigeria National League, which began on Friday.The Kwara State Government-owned clubside achieved this with the acquisition of the slot of Delta Force FC of Asaba in the NPFL.The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Delta Force had officially acquired the slot of Kada City FC of Kaduna just before the start of the current NPFL season.But they now seemed to have been finding it difficult adjusting to the top-flight status, leading to the sale to Kwara United.The deal was sealed on Wednesday after extensive discussion between the management of the two sides in Delta State, with the General Manager of Kwara United FC, Bashir Badawiy, leading the club’s delegation.Confirming the development to journalists in Ilorin Wednesday evening, the club’s Chairman, Olakumbi Titiloye, said the club was fully aware of the challenge involved in taking that step.Titiloye said: “I am sure it’s a development all the club’s stakeholders will also want to support.”Titiloye therefore commended the state government for the support and encouragement, calling on the stakeholders to adjust to the latest system and challenge.“We are conscious of the challenges that will come with this massive decision, but we know it’s a situation that is redeemable, as the NPFL is just starting,” he said.NAN reports that Delta Force are currently in the 17th position on the NPFL table with four points after five matches, gathered from winning just a game.They had drawn one and lost three matches, with a -5 goal difference.Kwara United FC on the other hand got relegated at the end of last season, and were drawn in Group A2 of the ongoing NNL.They were drawn alongside Niger Tornadoes, FC Taraba, Sokoto United, El-Kanemi Warriors, Gombe United, Yobe Desert Stars, Rarara FC, Mighty Jets, EFCC and Real Stars.They played their first match against Gombe United FC in Ilorin, which they won by a lone goal.The team will now continue from Week Six of the NPFL, going on with Delta Force’s points, after their formal registration following the take-over.Tags: Kwara Statenpfl
The Magpies head into Tuesday night’s home clash with Manchester United sitting in 18th place in the Barclays Premier League table and having slipped to 1-0 defeats in each of their last four games in all competitions. It has been glaringly obvious for some time that there are not enough goals in head coach McClaren’s team with £14.5million summer signing Aleksandar Mitrovic having found the going tough after being thrust into the limelight by the club’s failure to land an experienced and proven frontman during the summer and the injuries which have sidelined Papiss Cisse for much of the campaign and Emmanuel Riviere for all of it to date. However, now that Bordeaux’s Senegal international midfielder Henri Saivet has joined up, McClaren – who is also a member of the club’s board – is hopeful that those shortcomings will be and are being addressed. He said: “It’s good because I know what is going on. Sometimes you don’t, so we are all involved in the process and we hope that will get the job done. “If we were not doing everything to rectify it, I would be worried. If people weren’t backing us or trying, I would be worried.” On Saivet, he added: “Henri is someone the club have been watching for a while, and he has developed into an excellent player at Bordeaux. “This is someone with a very good mentality, who is a tough player and a winner. Those are key qualities you need in the Premier League and we are looking forward to seeing him pulling on the Newcastle United shirt.” The statistics are damning: McClaren’s men have scored only 19 goals in 20 Premier League games, and six of those came on a single afternoon against Norwich back in October. Mitrovic, 21, is currently the club’s only fit orthodox striker and he has just three goals to his name this season. McClaren said: “It’s not rocket science, is it? To win games of football, you have to score goals and at the present moment, we have to score two to win games because we are conceding one every game. Steve McClaren is convinced he will get the help he needs during the January transfer window to turn Newcastle’s season around. Press Association “It doesn’t matter how old you are, strikers want to score goals. They’re the worst people in the world when they’re not. But Mitro’s working damn hard out there, and we continue working and he will. “I’d be more worried if we weren’t working because it’s not just his responsibility. It’s [Moussa] Sissoko’s responsibility, it’s [Georginio] Wijnaldum’s responsibility, [Ayoze] Perez’s responsibility, [Florian] Thauvin, Siem de Jong, Papiss. “It’s everybody’s responsibility, not just the number nine.”