Compass offloads Selecta

first_imgCompass Group is to sell Selecta, its food vending machine business, to the German private equity company Allianz Capital Partners for £772.5m.The group said that approximately £500m of the proceeds will be used for a share buy- back programme over the next 12 to 18 months. Compass will pay £45m from the sale into the UK pension fund and the remaining amount will go towards reducing net debt.Selecta, which was put up for sale in November, has operations in 22 European countries and generated revenue of £476m last year, with operating profits reaching £45m. The company’s earnings before tax, interest, depreciation and amortisation were £87m.last_img read more

Update: RSU 9, 73, MSAD 58 and Rangeley schools to close for next two weeks

first_img[Update 6:61 p.m.] – Rangeley Lakes Regional School will be closing from March 15 to March 27, per the district’s Facebook page. Information about remote learning and food services will be coming soon.[Update 5:04 p.m.] – MSAD 58 Superintendent Todd Sanders, in a letter posted to the district’s website, wrote that schools will be closed for students on March 16 through March 27.“This closure is not the result of any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our immediate communities,” Sanders wrote. “This decision was made in consultation with many, and out of an abundance of caution, to follow the rapidly changing guidance regarding enhancing social distancing efforts. This decision has not been made lightly and we certainly empathize and understand the significant burden this will cause families in the coming days.”Sanders said that the district would be releasing more information about the closures, but wanted to get the initial news out quickly to allow parents to make arrangements.###Regional School Unit 9 and RSU 73 schools will be closed for students for the next two weeks. The announcements come as a number of districts across the state are closing or limiting access to school facilities in a bid to slow the spread of COVID-19.On Saturday, Maine CDC announced additional presumptive positive or preliminary presumptive positive test results for the 2019 novel coronavirus, bringing the state’s total number of positive test results up to six. Cases are confirmed by the U.S. CDC – “presumptive positive” references positive tests for the virus in a state lab, while “preliminary presumptive positive” refers to a positive test from a non-governmental laboratory. Maine CDC has also reported more than 90 negative tests.The decision to close the schools from March 16 through March 27 was made pro-actively, RSU 73 Superintendent Scott Albert announced via a letter posted to the district’s website Sunday, noting that the district had no confirmed cases of COVID-19.“This is meant as a deterrent and is the district being pro-active,” Albert wrote, adding that the district would keep the community updated via its website, school messenger service and local media. “Also please understand that this decision was not made lightly as I understand the burden that it will put on many of our families in our community.”Albert indicated in the letter that, beginning Tuesday, the district would be feeding area students with bagged breakfasts and lunches at locations throughout the district’s three towns. Those locations and times will be released Monday afternoon.RSU 9 administrators indicated Sunday that its schools would be closed to students from March 16 through March 27 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.“In order to organize our staff, we will meet tomorrow to review procedures,” the notice on the district’s Facebook site read. “We understand that families will have questions. We will reach out as soon as we have more details to share.”Local districts have already cancelled non-school functions making use of their facilities as well as extracurricular events and restricted building access to non-employees. All local superintendents have indicated that they remain in contact with state officials regarding COVID-19.last_img read more

Alexandre Lacazette shares social media post trolling Olivier Giroud after Arsenal FA Cup win

first_imgAdvertisement Lacazette shared the clip where Giroud looked despondent (Picture: Instagram)There has been some previous with Giroud and his former club.AdvertisementAdvertisementAfter Chelsea thumped Arsenal 4-1 in the Europa League final last season, Giroud openly mocked the Gunners in an Instagram video filmed by team-mate Jorginho.‘Thank you, Arsenal,’ Giroud exclaimed as he lifted the trophy aloft a year ago.The Frenchmen did cross over at the Emirates when Lacazette joined in the summer of 2017 but Giroud departed six months later, moving to Arsenal’s London rivals. Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Comment Giroud appeared to be mocked (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)Alexandre Lacazette played his part in bashing Olivier Giroud on social media after Arsenal’s FA Cup win over Chelsea. The Arsenal striker was part of Mikel Arteta’s side that beat Chelsea 2-1 on Saturday, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s double securing the Gunners a record 14th FA Cup triumph.Former Arsenal striker Giroud was on the losing side and was snapped looking despondent in the stands as his current team went down to his ex-club. Lacazette shared a video on Instagram of Giroud looking desolate and underneath the clip was a cartoon of the Arsenal No. 9 dancing, along with some laughing emojis. ADVERTISEMENT Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 1 Aug 2020 9:41 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link4.4kShares Advertisement Alexandre Lacazette shares social media post trolling Olivier Giroud after Arsenal FA Cup winlast_img read more