Hydro One releases names of four employees killed in eastern Ontario helicopter

first_imgBest friends, soulmates, fiancees and boyfriends: that’s how friends and family are remembering some of the four Ontario utility workers who were killed in a helicopter crash in eastern Ontario on Thursday.The men, identified by Hydro One on Saturday as 39-year-old James Baragar, 27-year-old Kyle Shorrock, and Jeff Howes and Darcy Jansen, both 26, were working on a transmission tower in Tweed, Ont., and crashed when the chopper was approaching to land.Jansen’s mother, Brenda Jansen, said her son — a line technician from Long Sault, Ont. — was an outdoorsy person and an avid guitar player.“Anyone that knew him just loved him, he was a really lovable kid,” said Brenda, adding that he had just bought a house last year and moved in with his girlfriend.“We’re going to miss him, he’s going to be really missed. He touched a lot of hearts,” she added.She said the small community in Long Sault came together to support the family over the weekend.Friends of Howes, who was from Bath, Ont., and was a line technician with Hydro One since August 2013, took to Facebook to remember him as someone “who always had a smile on his face” with a contagious laugh to match.Howes’ family released a statement saying he loved “music, fishing, and thrilling adventures.”“His fiancé Brooke, his family, and many friends were always his first priority,” the statement said.“Jeff was just beginning a very promising personal and professional life when he was tragically taken. He will be missed for his kind heart, contagious laughter, and endless energy.”Shorrock, of Inverary, Ont., was also a line technician and was engaged to be married according to his Facebook page.“Yesterday I lost my best friend, my everything, my soul mate, the person who made my world go round,” wrote Brittany Robertson, who said on Facebook that she was Shorrock’s fiancee.Hydro One said Baragar, the pilot, had been with the company since 2009 and was from the Orillia, Ont., area.The company held candlelight vigils at its offices across the province Friday morning and said most ground crews would be standing down from their jobs until Monday. Workers will still respond to any reports of power outages, it said.“It is a time of emotion and shock for all of us at the company,” said the company’s CEO, Mayo Schmidt.The Transportation Safety Board said Friday that it had obtained initial statements from the crash, but still must examine maintenance records, pilot training and several other factors.The helicopter did not have a cockpit voice recorder or a flight data recorder, but the TSB said it recovered a GPS, which will help in the investigation.The agency said investigators would be looking at a wide range of factors to determine a possible cause of the crash, including pilot records, aircraft maintenance records and aircraft history.The single-engine AS350 is a utility helicopter often used for corporate purposes and by police.Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version had the incorrect spelling of James Baragarlast_img read more

Is Ja Morant A Better NBA Prospect Than Zion Williamson

More: Apple Podcasts | ESPN App | RSS | Embed Embed Code Hot Takedown responds to a packed week in sports, starting with a flurry of MLB contract extensions. We hear from superstar Mike Trout on the factors he considered before recommitting to the Angels. Did the free-agency journeys of Bryce Harper and Manny Machado serve as cautionary tales? We consider the future of free agency in the league and wonder if another strike is in our future. Plus, Neil breaks down the FiveThirtyEight predictions for the baseball season.Our second segment dives into the NCAA Tournament and standout players Zion Williamson and Ja Morant. On ESPN’s “Get Up!” Jay Williams suggests that Morant’s skills will translate better to the NBA. We break down the data to see if that’s the case.For our Rabbit Hole of the Week, we pay proper respect to Rob Gronkowski, who announced his retirement this weekend. While his career may have been short, his impact on the game was monumental.Here’s what we’re reading this week:Neil and FiveThirtyEight contributor Michael Salfino reflect on Gronk’s place as the most efficient receiver the game has seen.The Wall Street Journal’s Jared Diamond does a deep dive into “The Death of Free Agency in Baseball.”FiveThirtyEight’s March Madness interactive.And check back on March 27 for FiveThirtyEight’s complete MLB predictions! FiveThirtyEight read more

Every Little Thing Gonna Be Alright Sandals Resorts Launches New Ad Campaign

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppMONTEGO BAY, Jamaica (January 8, 2016) – Sandals Resorts has launched a new advertising campaign for 2016 with a no-worry theme. The campaign, which was created by Miami-based Hunter Hamersmith Advertising, encourages audiences to “Join the No Worry Movement” and is set against ‘Three Little Birds,’ the classic Bob Marley song. It is the first time Jamaican-owned Sandals Resorts has sought marketing inspiration from and aligned its advertising with a Caribbean entity. According to Sandals Resorts International chairman and founder, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, the current effort is an evolution of the previous “Closer You Look” campaign which was introduced in 2014 and that focused on the quality inclusions that differentiate the Sandals experience, to bring it to its natural conclusion: because everything is taken care of, vacationers don’t have to worry.“Since the very beginning, our brand has been focused on making it easy for couples to enjoy a romantic, luxury Caribbean beach vacation. Our new campaign brings this very simple idea to life. In words, images and great music by Jamaica’s own Bob Marley, we’re saying don’t worry about a thing – come, relish the time you have together. We’ve made sure that all that you could desire is provided; amazing accommodations, great food, wine, drinks, watersports and so much more. At Sandals Resorts, guests don’t have to worry about a thing,” said Stewart.The association of Sandals Resorts with another internationally-recognized Jamaican brand was important to Stewart and his creative team. “Our advertising agency had been working on the ‘No Worry’ concept for months and felt its success would be predicated on the rarely-granted use of Marley’s ‘Three Little Birds.’ We were thrilled when word came from the Marley Estate granting permission,” said Stewart. In fact, not only did the Marley Estate allow use of the song, but Skip Marley, grandson of the late reggae icon/son of Cedella Marley and a rising entertainer in his own right, cut a refreshed modern version of the song which is at the forefront of the new campaign.The campaign launched to a diverse North American consumer audience on January 1, 2016 across various mediums including print, online and television and will feature programming and messaging that encourages consumers to “join the No Worry Movement” by sharing their #noworrymoment over social channels. Images of white sand beaches, crystal blue water and happy couples will feel familiar, but presented in a hip, modern way that enhances Marley’s relaxed music and message. More details of the No Worry Movement and consumer opportunities tied to the campaign, will be revealed as the campaign unfolds in the first and second quarters. According to Gary Sadler, Senior Vice President of Sales for Unique Vacations, an affiliate of Unique Travel Corp., worldwide representatives for Sandals Resorts, a complementary business-to-business campaign for the influential trade also debuts this month.“We are creating a movement, a No Worry Movement. So don’t worry about a thing, it’s all good and it’s all at Sandals,” says Stewart. Related Items:new campaign ad, noworrymovement, sandals resortslast_img read more

TCI Tourism Minister gets CTO industry Award Stewart wins too

first_img TCI Tourism Minister gets CTO industry Award, Stewart wins too Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppUnited States, June 8, 2017 – New York – Turks and Caicos wins in Tourism rolling in this week, as former Tourist Board director and current Tourism Minister, Hon Ralph Higgs will today be bestowed a special honour at the CTO Awards Luncheon in New York.   Minister Higgs will be presented with the Allied Award.  Established in 2005, the Allied Award is presented to an individual among the CTO family who has done an extraordinary job of contributing, in a tangible way, to the sustainable development not only of his or her country, but of the region. The North Caicos MP will today get the prize at the Wyndham New Yorker, where the event is set for noon to 2pm.  Another honoree is no stranger to the Turks and Caicos; it is Adam Stewart, Deputy Chairman of Sandals Resort International who will get the Jerry Award, for demonstrated passion in the development of the region through time, energy, financial, and other personal and professional resources.  It is Caribbean Week in NY.#MagneticMediaNews#TCItourismministergetsCTOindustryaward#MinRalphHiggs#AdamStewart Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#AdamStewart, #magneticmedianews, #MinRalphHiggs, #TCItourismministergetsCTOindustryawardlast_img read more

PRESS RELEASE BY THE HONOURABLE JOSEPHINE CONNOLLY

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, June 16, 2017 – Providenciales – At a meeting held at 9.30am Friday 16th June, 2017 the Premier informed me that my appointment as a Minister had been revoked.I later received the Instrument (signed by HE John Freeman the Governor) dated yesterday (Thursday 15th) which was published in the Gazette today.At the meeting with the Premier I was given reasons for my dismissal. Those reasons included false allegations that I was behind some “street talk” intended to undermine her position. I was not given an opportunity to answer the allegations as the decision had already been made.The charges laid by the Premier against me are without any foundation or credence. I am of the firm view that the reasons given by the Premier were a smokescreen to hide the real reason.In leaving the Ministry of Education I would like to thank all my civil servants in all the departments under my sphere of responsibility including Sports and Library Services. We worked together to make meaningful changes in the education system and to bring positive changes to the lives of the children of the Turks & Caicos Islands. It is one of my biggest regrets that I will not be able to see through the work we had started.I remain loyal to my people.  I worked hard during the election because I believed in the philosophy of our party. The party is not owned by any individual, but is made up of a collection of people representing the ideals and hopes of its founders and the many good and faithful supporters whose only desire is to see this country succeed.I was disappointed that the PDM constitution was ignored in relation to the disciplining of cabinet members and that the NGC did not have the opportunity to carry out the due diligence and the investigation to which the PDM constitution speaks. The founders of the party put this in the constitution to stop Ministers being subject to unfair treatment or capricious behaviour by a Premier.I would like to say to the people who voted for me that I am very resilient and I will continue to represent you to the best of my ability in the House of Assembly. I was born in these Islands and I decided to enter into politics late in life because I felt I had something to offer, something to contribute, to my country and to my people. It was a dream come true to be your representative and your Minister and I cannot lie that I am bitterly disappointed that the opportunity to help my people has been taken away from me.To my friends and the many people who have given me words of encouragement over the last three months as the storm clouds gathered your kind words have sustained me. To my prayer warriors who have kept my focus on God thank you, you are right “this too shall pass”.To the people of the Turks & Caicos Islands I remain committed to seeing this country flourish and succeed and I will play whatever role that God has determined for me.Honourable Josephine Connolly BSc, MSc, CIPD, MPPress Release: Hon. Josephine Connolly Related Items:last_img read more

Guardiola admits selection headache

first_imgPep Guardiola opened up on his selection dilemma as they maintain their quadruple chase following their victory over Wolves.Kevin De Bruyne and Sergio Aguero were left on the bench for Monday’s 3-0 defeat of Wolves at the Etihad Stadium, moving City within four points of leaders Liverpool.And Guardiola accepts he has to make difficult decisions over his team selection on a game-by-game basis.“I have an incredible squad, so if Kevin plays like he deserves to play, maybe [Ilkay] Gundogan doesn’t play – he made maybe six or seven assists in the last two games. He didn’t play today – and both deserve to play,” Guardiola told a news conference and cited via FourFourTwo.Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“But Bernardo [Silva] also deserves to play, what he has done so far, and Fernandinho what he has done against Liverpool. So that’s where he is and we’ve spoken about that. Today one of my favourite players, Phil [Foden], he was in the tribune.“But there is a lot of games and everybody is going to play. Maybe the next game, new players are going to come in. So they have to be ready, and not only that they have to play good in all the details. Because if they don’t, another one is going to play.“After that, I make a mistake, of course, I am unfair for many, many players and I know that. But today I decided for that and for the fresh players – like Aymeric [Laporte], John [Stones], Bernardo, Fernandinho – so it is what it is.”last_img read more

Jacumba Hot Springs residents say their town is a dumping ground for

first_img July 30, 2019 Jacumba Hot Springs residents say their town is a dumping ground for sexual predators KUSI Newsroom Posted: July 30, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – People who live in the East County are speaking out after learning another sexually violent predator could soon be one of their neighbors. KUSI’s John Soderman is in Jacumba Hot Springs with more on this story. KUSI Newsroom, Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more