Patisserie Holdings ebitda up 21.3%

first_imgPatisserie Holdings, owner of high street bakery Patisserie Valerie, saw ebitda increase 21.3% to £10.6m, and revenue grow 14% to £50m, up from £43.7m in the first half of the last financial year.Patisserie Holdings, the café and casual dining group which owns Patisserie Valerie and Baker & Spice, has reported growth in profit in the first half of its financial year. Revenue at Patisserie Valerie increased to £35m in the six months to 31 March, up from £28.9m in the same period last year. Revenue increased to £9.1m from £8.7m at retail brands Druckers and Baker & Spice, and rose to £1.8m from £1.6m at wholesale bakery Flour Power City.At Patisserie Holdings, pre-tax profit in the six months to 31 March rose by 20% to £8.4m, up from £7m in the first half of the previous year. Ebitda increased 21.3% to £10.6m, and revenue grew 14% to £50m, up from £43.7m in the first half of the last financial year.Revenue rose for most of Patisserie Holdings’ brands, and it said in the update it was confident on the outlook for the second half of the year. The company said it achieved growth in most areas of its business.Revenue at sandwich retailer Philpotts declined, however, to £4.9m from £5m due to the earlier timing of Easter and a focus on higher-margin corporate sales, Patisserie Holdings said.Interim dividendPatisserie Holdings will pay an interim dividend of 1.00 pence, its first interim dividend since listing in London in May 2014. The company paid a 1.67p final dividend in financial 2015. Shares in Patisserie Holdings have jumped 4.4% this morning as a result.Luke Johnson, executive chairman of Patisserie Holdings, said: “The group has continued to deliver strong growth in sales and profit in what is a competitive trading environment.“We opened 12 new stores in the period, all of which are performing well. Our pipeline for new stores is well developed, and I look forward to another period of strong growth in the second half of the year.”last_img read more

Stayin’ Alive accepting grant applications

first_imgFRANKLIN COUNTY, Ind. — Stayin’ Alive of Franklin County is accepting grant applications for projects and programs that aim to reduce substance abuse problems in Franklin County.Applications must address the problem statements identified within the State’s approved Franklin County Community Plan.Grant award size is strictly based off of state regulations and will vary by circumstances, need, program model, number of applicants, and amount available.For more information or to receive an application call 765-647-7272 or visit http://www.stayinalive24.org.Applications are due by noon on March 3.last_img read more

James “Jim” L. Stiles, 60, of Madison

first_imgJames “Jim” L. Stiles, 60, of Madison passed away Wednesday, August 7, 2019, at Franciscan Health in Indianapolis.  Jim was born Wednesday, April 29, 1959, in Batesville, Indiana, the son of Lloyd and Clara Jean (Glackin) Stiles.  He married Connie Jones and she survives.  He was a forklift driver for Alternative Plastics in Greendale.  He enjoyed spending time with his family, playing pool, listening to rock and roll music and quad riding.            Jim is survived by his wife Connie of Madison; son Thomas Majors of Vevay; son/grandson Christopher “Chris” Jones of Madison; daughter Mary Jones of Ohio; sister Melody Minger and brother-in-law Bob Shinkle both of Moores Hill; and 2 grandchildren.  He was preceded in death by his parents, sister Sandi Shinkle, and nephew Brian Stanley.            A service celebrating his life will be held 11 AM Saturday, August 10, 2019, at Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home in Moores Hill with Pastor David Dickerson officiating.  Family and friends may gather to share and remember him on Saturday, August 10, 2019, from 9am-11am also at the funeral home.  Memorials may be given in honor of Jim to the family.  Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, 16717 Manchester Street, Box 156, Moores Hill, IN 47032 (812)744-3280.  You may go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.last_img read more

Stoke to swap Jones for Odemwingie

first_img Press Association Nigeria international Odemwingie only joined Cardiff in September, moving from West Brom for a fee believed to be in excess of £2million. The 32-year-old signed a two-year contract and netted twice in his first four games for the Bluebirds – however, he has failed to add to that tally in 13 appearances since. Jones, a Trinidad and Tobago international once of Southampton and Sunderland, has fared better. The 29-year-old has netted five goals in 10 games. However, none of them have come in the Barclays Premier League, with four in the Capital One Cup and the other in the FA Cup defeat of Leicester earlier this month. Jones sent a text message to Hughes the night before Stoke’s 5-3 home league defeat to Liverpool on January 12 to say he was not available to play in the fixture. That resulted in the player being fined two weeks’ wages and not being considered for selection by Hughes for the next match, a 1-0 league loss at Crystal Palace. The manager had said on Friday that Jones was in his thinking again for Sunday’s FA Cup trip to Chelsea, but it would now appear likely he will not play another match for the Potters. The Potters have announced that the deal is subject to both strikers passing medicals and agreeing personal terms. However, Stoke hope to conclude their move for Odemwingie over the weekend. center_img Stoke have reached an agreement with Cardiff over a move for Peter Odemwingie, which will see Kenwyne Jones head to south Wales in a player-exchange transfer.last_img read more