Homepage BannerNews Customers without electricity in Bundoran & Letterkenny as Storm Frank hits the North West By admin – December 29, 2015 Previous articlePeople pay their respects as former Kerry footballer dies following crash in AmericaNext articleNathan Boyle signs new deal with Derry City admin Facebook Google+ Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal WhatsApp Facebook Pinterest Storm Frank has the hit the north west as 989 ESB customers are without power in Bundoran and 397 in the Cullion Road area of Letterkenny this evening as a result. While power is expected to be restored shortly in Bundoran power will not be restored in the Letterkenny area until later tonight.Met Eireann has also issued a Status Yellow rainfall alert for Donegal.Met Eireann forecaster Evelyn Cusack says people can expect further high winds and high seas:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/flood4.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Google+ 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Twitter 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry
Topics : According to Jakarta-based SMERU Research Institute researcher Athia Yumna, the root cause of the problem was the sluggish pace at which regional governments regularly updated their list of beneficiaries.To ensure accountability in the distribution, the KPK issued a circular in April that urged government agencies and regional administrations to utilize the Social Affairs Ministry’s Integrated Data on Social Welfare (DTKS), in addition to citizen identification numbers to verify social aid recipients.The KPK has also urged regional governments to deliver the aid to citizens who are unregistered but meet the central government’s criteria to receive the COVID-19 relief. Afterward, regional governments are expected to submit reports on said social aid distribution to the Social Affairs Ministry to update the beneficiary data. Previously, KPK chairman Filri Bahuri asserted that those found guilty of corruption relating to COVID-19 relief funds could face the death penalty. The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has received 894 complaints pertaining to social aid in less than three months through its dedicated digital platform, JAGA Bansos, as the government distributes trillions of rupiah to help citizens during the COVID-19 epidemic. The complaints came from 243 regional administrations, namely 19 provincial administration and 224 cities and regencies administration, between May 29 and Aug. 7.“As many as 369 reports were from those who did not receive social aid even though [they said] they had registered for the program,” said KPK commissioner Lili Pantauli Siregar during a press conference on the KPK’s biennial performance report on Tuesday. The KPK has resolved 357 of the total complaints, while 207 others were being processed. In the meantime, the agency is still verifying the remaining 312 complaints. JAGA Bansos is a feature in KPK’s portal and mobile app, JAGA, which provides the public with information and complaint submission services. The feature, which is accessible at jaga.id, allows the public to make reports over suspected irregularities and misappropriations regarding the distribution of COVID-19 relief.The initiative is also part of the KPK’s role in supervising the government’s national COVID-19 mitigation spending, totaling Rp 695.2 trillion (US$47.03 million). Out of this budget, the government has allotted Rp 203.8 trillion for social safety nets, including various forms of social assistance.The distribution of the assistance, however, has faced many hurdles, with reports mentioning slow or mistargeted distribution amid red tape and lack of coordination among central and regional governments.
Prentis cautioned against a wholesale divestment before other assets were available.“Divesting of carbon assets without having found adequate alternative renewable investment returns would create huge economic uncertainty.”He argued that low-carbon investment opportunities in the UK remained limited and were often not of sufficient scale, with investors incurring “high fees and huge transaction costs”.Prentis also evoked cost as a concern when arguing against divestment, insisting that any moves would take several years and see the affected LGPS incur “considerable” costs.The Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global was ordered in May to sell its stake in companies that derived over 30% of their revenue from coal.It came weeks after the sovereign wealth fund said it had already halved its exposure to thermal coal, and was the result of a vote by Norway’s parliament.However, divestment has previously proven difficult for the UK’s LGPS, consisting of 101 schemes managed by local authorities, as legal advice instructed them they could only divest in cases where it did not risk “material financial detriment” to the schemes.The Lothian Pension Fund in July ruled out divestment, citing both cost concerns and uncertainty on how fossil fuel companies should be defined. Those calling for pension funds to divest their fossil fuel holdings do not understand the “huge task” facing the schemes in divesting carbon-intensive companies, the head of one of the UK’s largest unions has argued.Unison said efforts by campaign groups urging asset owners to divest fossil fuel holdings were “admirable”, but underestimated the cost and complexity of selling the stakes.Dave Prentis, the union’s general secretary, said: “We all want to live in a greener, cleaner world, but pulling local government pensions fund investments from firms with big carbon footprints, and putting them into environmentally-friendly investments instead, is no mean feat.”His comments came in response to NGOs including Friends of the Earth detailing the fossil fuel investments of local government pension schemes (LGPS) to coincide with a report that found over 400 asset owners worth $2.6trn (€2.3trn), ranging from foundations and pension schemes to sovereign wealth funds, had pledged to divest their holdings.
Akinwunmi, also said that there will be no room for age cheats and believes that the competition will be crucial to the development of grassroots football in the country.“We are starting with six teams and we hope it will become bigger and bigger in the coming years. We will have scholarships for four pupils and we will also have scholarship awards to the IDP school. The children in Eko Football are mostly sponsored by us, so it is education and football coming together.“What we did is that we were involved in the screening of the Channels Kids Cup. We screened them in their schools before they came and also did the same when they came for the Channels Kids Cup. So it is the same kids that are coming and we already know their age range.“It is not just about Seyi Akinwunmi and not only about Lagos State. One of the FA Chairmen from the North spoke with me this morning to wish me well about this tournament and promise to do his own next year too.“If all we have done is to encourage other people to emulate such tournament, then we have succeeded already in growing that mentality across the country. No doubt Nigeria will be untouchable in years to come as far as football is concerned,” Akinwunmi noted.The tournament will hold from 1st-2nd of September, 2018.Meanwhile, the LSFA Vice Chairman, Tade Azeez emphasized that donations from well-wishers plus partners will be invested back into the Seyi Akinwunmi U-13 tournament for the schools and students sponsorship.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The 2018 edition of the Seyi Akinwunmi Foundation Under-13 Charity Invitational Football tournament resumes this weekend at the Campos Mini Stadium, Lagos Island.The competition, which has attracted teams nation wide is now in its semi final phase and the First Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Chairman of Lagos State Football Association (LSFA), Seyi Akinwunmi said the tournament will invite back to Lagos the four semi finalists at the last edition of the Channels International Kids Cup and there will be a special invitation for a school from IDP camp in Borno State.According to him the participating teams are LGEA Central School, Kaiama, Kwara State, Emmanuel Anglican Nursery & Primary School, Okesa, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State; Baptist Government Primary School, Oshogbo Osun State; X-Planter Nursery & Primary School, Ikorodu, Lagos State; Amigo Largema Military Cantonment Primary School, Borno State and Ekofootball Future Stars, Lagos State. Seyi Akinwunmi